Next the kids and I took advantage of a FREE nights stay at the Fairfield Inn here in Abilene. I had won it at an auction back in November and it was going to expire this month so I thought OH how fun, the kids have been dying to swim and they LOVE to spend the night in hotels and it would be FREE, even better. So after the park we headed over to the hotel and were very excited to swim. Well our swimming experience was NOT so great. The hottub was not very hot so the worker said she would fill it up with Hot water and she almost over flowed it. Then the whole swimming area smelled like it had way tooooo much chlorine in it. Anytime anyone sat in the hottub they would start coughing. The chlorine was way tooo strong. Then a whole very large family came into swim with NO parent and took over the pool. UGH The kids did not seem to mind but I minded! Well in the meantime while all of this was going on Hunter was coughing NONSTOP! He never stopped. WE got out and went to dry off and walked over to CiCi's pizza for some supper and then went back to the hotel for more swimming. We were not going to get into the hottub because of the chlorine so we just swam in the big pool. BUT immediately when we started swimming Hunter started up coughing again. It was strange. He did NOT cough at all at supper but as soon as we got back into the swimming area he started up coughing again and NEVER stopped. It was awful. All of a sudden he leaned over out of the pool and threw up! He continued to cough and every time he coughed he threw up. It was awful! A man was in there with us and said he thought he might be allergic to the mold or something in there. I immediately left and as soon as we stepped out of that room he stopped coughing and NEVER coughed again! It was weird! I wanted to have such a fun time swimming but it just didnt happen. Oh well, we played some games and went to bed!
You can tell in the picture below that Hunter has a distressed look on his face adn it is because he was trying to not cough while I took the picture. Poor thing:(
No comments:
Post a Comment