Sunday, August 17, 2008

Busy life has begun!!!!!!

I know alot of you are saying is that really Hunter in football pads? What? Isn't he way toooo young for pads? Well yes I truly think he is way too yound to be playing football in pads BUT last year we played flag football with Big Country Football and had a GREAT year and a great experience and we didnt want to change leagues so we stuck with Big Country and when the boys turn 7 they have to move up to pads so we didnt have a choice if we were going to play football. It is really scary for us mommies and for the kids as well. Hunter is doing very well but it is VERY different and much harder. Last year he practiced for only 2 nights for 1 hour a night and this year he practices 3 nights for 2 & half hours. It sounds crazy I know. It is crazy and I am hopeing it will slow down a bit when school starts. Anywho I think he is very cute in pads! HA I have to look at something postive. Another positive thing is that he is getting some much needed exercise. The coach runs the boys for the last 15-20 minutes. Hunter is absolutley dieing by the end of practice. It is really hard for me to watch him work so hard and put out so much effort at such a young age. There will be so many more years for that. I have alot of mixed feelings about it. Practices started 2 weeks ago. His first game is September 6th. Pray for safety and for him to have FUN!


2 comments:

Keva said...

Hunter, I miss you. I hope you can come soon. I want to ask you something. what is it like playing in football? you might find a surprise in the mail. this is Asher, I hope I see you soon.

Lindi said...

Your right, he does look cute. I'm thinking about signing Matthew up for flag football. I'm calling tomorrow. I wonder if he's even old enough. He wants to try it all. Can you see it now? But I'm definately ready for fall sports, I'd prefer soccer but I can't keep him in a bubble forever. :)