Friday, March 28, 2008

Where do I begin?

This picture of Hunter is hilarious. First of all this is his fish he caught. At the very end of their fishing he fell into the river and got drenched so that is why he has no pants on and he is freezing so I guess that is why he has a very funny look on his face. HA

At the very bottom of the pictures is an explanation of all thes pictures if you want to read it. It is kind of long, Sorry.

















Well I feel like I have so much to blog about and dont really know where to start. But here goes. Let's start telling about Spring Break. We had a GREAT spring break. To start it off we had a rodeo on saturday which I already blogged about and then went to the lake on sunday which I blogged about too and then on Monday we didnt do a whole lot just kind of recovered from the weekend and played outside alot. On Tuesday, since it was soooooo rainy, we went to the gym, as usual and then after nap went to see "Horton Hears a Who" and then chose to play on the playground in the mall. Wednesday Dad came home and we were all so excited. We again just kind of hung out with him and then night evening we went shopping for our camping supplies. We had plans to go camping for a day or so and we needed a few things. It was so much fun. Hunter especially loved it. He has wanted to go camping ever since he was just a wee tot, and finally the time had come. He was thrilled. Our original plan was to go on Friday morn. and come back saturday night but I just didn't think that was enough time. Hunter has waited almost 7 years to do this and I wanted him to have a great experience and really feel like he got to camp awhile so I talked David into leaving Thursday. We went to a place called Sulpher Springs Camp Site in Bend, TX. It is on the colorado river. It was Beautiful! It is only about 2 hours away, which is GREAT! Besides sleeping on the very hard ground everything was perfect. Sydnee did Remarkably wonderful. I was pretty worried about her but she was a champ. A true tomboy the whole time. HAHA Daddy was so proud of her. Hunter of course was in his element so he did Great as well. I was never worried that he would have any problems camping. The second night we were there David's uncle and cousin came and they are expert campers. They brought 4 cots which saved my life. I dont suggest sleeping on the ground. HA The whole reason for the trip really was for the guys to fish the colorado river. They did but didn't catch much. On saturday we got to go down the river (about 7miles) in a canoe that David's uncle brought. 7 miles in a canoe is a LONG way especially with two children who have never ridden in a canoe but again they did Fantastic. It was long, and hot but it was a memory we will always have as a family. Saturday night the guys wanted to fish again so they did and caught a few and Hunter caught the biggest! He was so proud. Since they fished until dark and everyone was very tired we decided to stay that night. I was a little sad because we knew we would miss church on Easter (which we all hated to do) but we were able to wake up in God's creation which was really really neat. Sydnee had a Beautiful dress she was going to wear on Easter but hopefully she will get to wear it in August at her aunt's wedding. The Easter bunny came Sunday evening which worked out ok and then I began to feel very bad!!!!!!!!!!! I woke up Sunday morning with a headache and it NEVER left me until I got a shot on Wednesday. I have never had a headache like that in my life. It got so bad that I threw up. I also got strep throat on top of all that. I was miserable to say the least. I was so glad David was here to take care of the kids. He did amazing! Anyway I am much better now.


I told you I had alot to blog about. HA Sorry this is so long.

2 comments:

Keva said...

Glad you are feeling better! Sounds like lots of fun and memories. I love the picture of Syd and David...will you send it to me to play with in ps?

Whitney said...

Camping is so much fun! We used to camp out at the state park in Possum Kingdom all the time when I was little. I agree on the cot thing... we have several if you ever want to borrow them.

Sounds like you have had a migraine... yuck! I get them all the time when I'm not pregnant and even had them several times a week during my first trimester. I finally had to get on a preventative, but now I'm off and I've only had 1 or 2 the past few months. I'm glad you got a shot and were able to get rid of it.