Monday, November 5, 2007
Am I Crazy?
Well those of you who didn't know, I ran in my very first Half Marathon on October 27 in Buffalo Gap, TX. It was called the Steamboat Challenge and boy was it a challenge. I trained for about two months and felt great most of the time although on the days I had to run my long runs it was hard but I did it because I was determined to finish the half marathon. I have just always wanted to try one just to see if I could finish. I wasn't doing it for a specific time or anything like that at all. But on the day of the run, I was so very nervous it wa incredible. David was home but Hunter had his last flag football game at 9:00am so he went with Hunter to that along with my parents so I didn't have them with me at the beginning of the run but they got there shortly after I finished. Hunter had his best game of the season, (of course I had to miss the best one). My run started at 8:15am and I expected me not to be finished until around 10:30 or so but much to my surprise I finished at 10:15. WOW I ran 13.1 miles in 2hours and 1 minute. That was really good for me. I was so pleased and felt unbelievably great before, during and after my run. It is such a feeling of accomplishment to finish something like that that you have wanted to do for a really long time. I would really like to do another one someday and maybe even attempt a full marathon but time will tell. I just dont know if my back can hold up to it again. This past Sunday, a week after the run, I bent over in the shower to shave my legs and my back grabbed and is in a very bad spasm at the moment. I dont know if the running had anything to do with it or not but I have to put my health first so we'll see. I encourage any of you who are runners to challenge yourself to something like that if you can because boy is it a great finish to run across that finish line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment