Monday, November 17, 2008

I DID IT!

Well I did it, I ran my 2nd half marathon yesterday in San Antonio! It was the Rock n Roll San Antonio half and full marathon. There were 30,000 runners and walkers. It was crazy the amount of people. I wish I had pictures to post but I dont. My mom, Lalla Fowler and myself went. We left saturday morning and had a great trip down. We got there and checked in at the Alamodome and got our packets and all and then went down to the river walk and looked around a little but our main goal was to eat PASTA so we could carb up! So that is what we did. We ate a great meal together and then went to our hotel. We were all in bed at 8:30pm. WOW that is early but we had to be up at 4:00am to be ready to leave by 5:30am to find our location and be sure we were able to get a shuttle to the start line. It was a little crazy but in the end it all worked out great. Lalla and I had ample time to warm up and stretch and be ready when the race started. The race started at 7:30am and at that time there were over 3000 participants stuck in traffic trying to get to the race. OH MY GOSH, how glad I am that that was not us. I would have been a nervous wreck. It was absolutley a beautiful morning. It was of course cold but not tooooo bad. My mom was such a trooper and waited on us to finish and was there to support us in the journey. Thanks Mom! It was hard but worth all the work. It is such a sense of accomplishment when you cross the finish line. I am pretty sore in my hamstrings and my low back is hurting alot so I will take it easy this week and make sure my back recovers. My family is planning on running in the Turkey Trot here in Abilene on thanksgiving morning! Anyway we had a great time with great company but are excited it is finished.

My official time was 2:02:42 for 13.1 miles

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Did you see Amber Turner and Ashley Pyle? They ran in it too! Congratulations!

Rachael said...

I am so proud of you! Way to go! Glad to see you bloggin again!

Keva said...

you go girl...you are my hero! running machine!

Erica said...

Congratulations!! I am in awe of you girls who can run in these half marathons and marathons.