Monday, February 4, 2008

Rodeo #2

This is Dad and Hunter getting ready to ride. Like father, Like Son. (look at their faces). They look exactly alike. HA

Well the above picture is sheep ride #1. This sheep started out great but then all of a sudden just stopped in the middle of the ride so of course Hunter wouldnt have gotten a very good score so he took the reride option and got to ride again to try for a better score.

So this is ride #2. Hunter did great! He rode super and stayed on the whole 8 sec. and got a score of 68 which gave him second place. The first place boy got a score of 70 so Hunter was close. He did great though and we were very proud.

Now this is what I want to tell you all about. Hunter is old enough this year to ride a calf if he so wishes and he so wished too this week. Oh man was Mommy nervous, and Daddy too. Hunter was so excited! David said in the shoot Hunter was fired up and didn't show any back down at all. David said he was very excited. David was a little surprised about that but he was so proud of Hunter. Riding a sheep doesnt really even compare to riding a calf. Sheep have NO buck at all. All sheep do is run fast and turn, which makes the boys learn how to adjust their body weight from side to side without falling off BUT a calf actually Bucks so Hunter had NEVER experienced that feeling before. He did really good though for his first time. He stayed on about 3 sec. and when he fell off he got stepped on a little. He was disappointed that he didn't stay on the whole time. He now knows what to expect if he decides to do it again. He says he wants to but we'll see when the next rodeo comes around in two weeks. Anyway to say the least David and I couldnt be prouder.

I didn't get very good pictures of him riding the calf because as you can tell from the picture above, that all the men are in my way. HA

2 comments:

Keva said...

Great pictures!!! I can't wait until the boys get home from school to show them. Since we moved to town the boys were hoping to have a friend right next door..."just like Hunter...mommy, I miss Hunter so much...I wish we could live by him again!" Love seeing the kiddos, keep it up!

Whitney said...

I LOVE the top picture... too cute and they do look just alike. Congrats on his first calf ride.